Fast-loading, fast-operating, safe and reliable 5250 emulation tool.
Using TCP/IP and the Winsock interface, this application allows you to quickly connect to your A/S400 over LAN and dialup connections. Its elegant and easy-to-use graphical interface — including configurable toolbars and COPY/APPEND/PASTE capabilities — makes working on the host a pleasure.
- IBM-3179-2 terminal support
- extended attributes including blinking fields
- Colour selection for 5250 field types
- Copy, Cut and Paste
- Emulates IBM Light Pen
- Flexible keyboard re-mapping
- HLLAPI support. QWS5250 is now considered to be “Windows HLLAPI Compliant”.
- Multi-national code page support
- Screen Prints to printer or files
- Type Ahead Buffer support allows keyboard input while waiting for the host to process the last attention key.
- User selectable fonts
- Supports display of the APL character set
- Enhanced Status Bar processing to provide a visual notification when attempting to type in protected (xPROT) or numeric (xNUM) fields. Simply press the “Reset” key to clear the notification and allow further keyboard input
- Choose between blinking and non-blinking cursors. A Crosshair option to visually assist with text alignment is also available.
- Clipboard Support for the common copy, cut and paste functions. It also provides an APPEND function where data can be appended to data already in the clipboard. A PRINT function allows the clipboard data to be sent to the Windows printer
- Cursor customization including underline, block and vertical bar. A different shape can be displayed when in insert mode.
- Dynamic Data Exchange Support to allow other Windows applications to send data to the 5250 session and receive data from the 5250 session.
- Enhanced Key Functions such as Delete Word, Error Correcting Backspace, Tab to Next Word, Tab to Previous Word
- Entry Assist provides functions that make it easier to enter and edit text material. It includes margins, tabs and an audible end of line signal. Each of these functions acts just like the corresponding functions on a typewriter. Entry Assist includes a word wrap facility, which allows you to type without having to use the New Line key. Word Wrap automatically does a New Line function for you when you need a new line. Word wrap picks up any partially typed word and places it on the next line.
- Extended Mouse support including cursor select function.
- Null to Blank Processing support translates all null characters to blanks before the screen data is sent to the host.
- Record and playback keystrokes. Repetitive typing tasks can now be automated.
- Convert pre-recorded Keystroke files to Script file format.
- Row and Column indicator for the cursor
- Screen Sizing allows the dynamic re-sizing of the window. When you drag the window border to change the window size, the application attempts to find the best font size that matches the window size selected
- Scripting support allows frequently used key sequences or functions to be written as a script. This script can be executed from the menu or the script can be assigned to a key using the keyboard re-mapping dialog.
- Sessions can be configured and saved for future use.
- Status bar integrated into bottom window border.
- Toolbar support for frequently used functions. Enhanced, fully customizable toolbars.
- User selectable fonts including scalable fonts.
- WWW Browser helper application support for browsers including Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- Ability to disable the start up splash screen.
- Ability to start another QWS5250 session from an existing session.
- JGS Update Utility provides an easy way to obtain the latest version of the QWS5250 software using your Internet connection.
Operating Systems Supported
Windows NT, Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows Sockets version 2 or higher, TCP/IP connection to an IBM host, At least 6MB of disk space, IBM Compatible 486Mhz or higher.
Multi-user licenses (greater than 49 copies) and extended maintenance contracts are also available. Contact us at 1-877-776-4657 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For additional information, you can view our product brochure here.
Ready to upgrade?
Already a customer?